Fresh Summer Pomodoro
- 8oz package of Deboles Corn Elbow Style Pasta, Rice Penne or Rice Spirals
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup crushed plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley; chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain pasta reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, in a sauce pan, heat oil over medium-high heat, add the sliced garlic and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook another 30 seconds; add the tomatoes and salt to taste and continue stirring until sauce simmers.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce, add a few tablespoons of the reserved water, stir to coat pasta and continue to cook for 1 minute more.
- Season to taste with salt, add the parsley and toss to coat. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and serve immediately.