Southwestern Chicken Lasagna
- 8-10 uncooked DeBoles Rice Lasagna
- 1 lb coarsely grounded chicken
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 2 cups low fat ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked beans (kidney or pinto), mashed
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup prepared picante sauce, divided in two
- 1 small can chopped green chilis
- 2 cups crushed stewed tomatoes
- Mix egg and both cheeses in bowl.
- Sauté chicken in skillet until cooked. Add coarsely mashed beans, water, cumin, garlic powder, ½ cup picante sauce and chilis.
- In separate bowl mix tomatoes and remaining ½ cup picante sauce.
- In 9”x 13” pan layer as follows: tomato sauce, noodles, chicken/ bean mixture, cheese mixture, then repeat.
- Cover and bake at 350° F for 1 hour or until done.