- 8-10 uncooked DeBoles Rice Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Egg, or Egg Substitute
- 1 Cup Low-fat Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Beef, or Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Sliced Bell Pepper, Green or Red
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- 4 Cups Prepared Spaghetti Sauce
- Mix egg, cheeses and pepper together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Sauté meat in skillet until cooked, draining excess fat, if necessary.
- Add vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes over low heat.
- In 9" x 13" pan, layer as follows: sauce, noodles, meat/vegetables, cheese mixture, then repeat, making sure that all exposed areas of noodles are covered.
- Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese if desired. Cover and bake at 350° F for 1 hour, or until done.
For Vegetarian Lasagna: Omit meat, and layer with sliced zucchini and spinach.