Whole Wheat Angel Hair with Clams in Red Sauce
- 12oz DeBoles Whole Wheat Angle Hair Pasta
- 1 teaspoon of Hain sea salt
- 4oz pancetta, diced
- 1 tablespoon of Spectrum Naturals Organic Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 30-40 little neck clams, scrubbed, discard any opened clams.
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 jar of Walnut Acres Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup of Imagine Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth
- Bring a 4 qt pasta pot filled with water to a boil and cook pasta, stirring occasionally until almost al a dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil until smoking. Add the pancetta, garlic and red pepper and sauté until the garlic is lightly golden about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the clams and cover until all the clams have opened about 5 minutes. Discard any clams that remain closed.
- Using a slotted spoon remove opened clams, keep warm and set aside.
- Stir in the Walnut Acres Sauce and clam juice. Bring to a boil over a medium high heat and cook stirring occasionally until sauce has reduced by half and is thick.
- Stir in broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the Angel hair, clams and basil and coat well. Divide among warm wide rimmed shallow bowls and sprinkle over chopped parsley. Serve immediately.