Grilled Chicken with Black Olive Pesto and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 8oz of DeBoles Ancient Grain Penne
- 4 boneless chicken breasts 3 to 4oz each
- 1 tablespoon of Spectrum Spanish Olive Oil
- 1 cup of pitted black olives pitted and chopped
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon Spectrum Avocado Oil
- ½ cup of jarred sun dried tomatoes drained and julienne
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- sea salt and black pepper
- ½ cup of flat leaf parsley chopped coarsely.
- In a bowl of a food processor, add the garlic, half the lemon juice and olives and olive oil. Pulse until coarsely chopped but not pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot filled with salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al la dente - about 10 to12 minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss in Avocado oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- Season chicken breasts and toss with olive oil and lemon zest and rub in rosemary leaves.
- Pre heat grill and grill chicken until cooked through - about 10 to 15minutes, sprinkling with remaining lemon juice as chicken cooks. Remove and slice each breast on the slant to fan it.
- In a large bowl toss the penne with sun dried tomatoes, black olive pesto, lemon juice and additional olive oil if necessary.
- Divide the pasta between 4 plates and top with fanned chicken breast, garnish with parsley and serve warm