Ancient Grain Penne with Spicy Lamb Sauce
- 8oz DeBoles Ancient Grain Penne
- 1lb frozen sweet peas thawed
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves.
- Reserve 16 fresh mint leaves for garnish
- ½ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 jar Walnut Acres Sweet Peppers & Onion Sauce
- 12oz spicy lamb sausage crumbled
- Hain sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the Walnut Acres sauce and add the sausage meat. Bring to a boil stirring to combine.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Remove the fat as it is rendered from the meat.
- Remove sauce from the heat cool briefly. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor, add in the mint leaves and pulse until smooth.
- Add sauce back to large skillet and heat over a medium high heat.
- Add cooked pasta and gently stir to coat. Stir in the peas, cream and parmesan. Bring to a quick boil and remove from heat.
- Transfer to warm serving bowls and top with grated parmesan. Sprinkle remaining mint leaves and serve.