Penne with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Cream
- 4 cups Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 12 oz DeBoles Organic Whole Wheat Penne
- 1 jar Walnut Acres Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 ¼ cup of Spectrum Natural Organic Olive Oil
- 1lb of medium zucchini washed and halved, then sliced into ¾ inch diagonal slices.
- ½ teaspoon of Hain sea salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced very thinly.
- ¼ cup of fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons.
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated.
- Freshly ground coarse black pepper.
- ¼ cup of Italian flat leave parsley roughly chopped for garnish.
- In medium pasta pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil and cook penne according to instructions. Drain and keep warm, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté zucchini until golden about 5 minutes. Season with a little salt and remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Add garlic, to skillet and sauté for 3 minutes until lightly golden. Add basil and crushed red pepper to skillet and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add Walnut Acres sauce and bring to a boil until sauce has reduced to about half, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup of the reserved pasta liquid and the cream with 3 tablespoons of the grated cheese. Fold in the zucchini and penne and stir to coat well. If sauce is too thick add more pasta liquid, season to taste.
- Transfer cooked pasta and sauce to warm bowls and sprinkle over remaining cheese. Garnish with parsley and serve.