Roasted Garlic Tomato Cream Sauce with Angel Hair
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 boxes (1 lb) of DeBoles Whole Wheat Plus Golden Flax Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 jar of Walnut Acres Marinara with Herbs Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of Spectrum Spanish Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 12 scallions trimmed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ tsp of Hain sea salt
- 1 tsp of coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup of shredded Pecorino Romano
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil over a medium high heat add salt, and a splash of oil. Drop angel hair into the pot and stir to stop from sticking. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain noodles and set aside keep warm.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil, scallions, salt and black and cayenne pepper into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a couple of times.
- With the motor running add the cream and Walnut Acres sauce in a slow stream.
- Place the remaining olive oil in a large skillet swirl to coat the bottom of the pan and heat over a medium high heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden about 2 to 3 minutes
- Pour sauce over the garlic and stir to combine. When heat through add the cooked pasta and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and toss gently once more, sprinkle over the parsley, season to taste and serve immediately.